Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Greetings!


White Rock Lake
                                                                            


There's no place like home, is there? My home town may be bigger than yours, but it's still home, and I love its history, its location and all the events and places that have gone into making it what it is today. I'm passionate about the importance of understanding the unique natural treasures the the earliest inhabitants found when the city was being settled, and equally passionate about preserving those treasures for all of us to love and enjoy.

Unfortunately, it can become awfully easy to sacrifice our heritage as we build our magnificent home town. My hope is that we can have the past, the present and the future coexist harmoniously for decades to come.

I've spent a lifetime as an educator, a naturalist, a writer, and most of all, an advocate for our wonderful city. From the beautiful natural habitats around White Rock Lake to the restoration of historic buildings and neighborhoods in the city, I always enjoy exploring and learning.

I hope you'll enjoy my journeys with me, and even better, come JOIN me in keeping Dallas...well, DALLAS!.
My home town!
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! In an effort to control internet trolls and robots, I review comments, and once I know you're a real, live person, I will approve your comment for posting!

Thanks again for your interest in my wonderful hometown, Dallas, Texas!!

Becky Rader